Friday, April 28, 2017

DIY Foaming Hand Soap

This has been out household hand soap recipe for some time (I haven't added essential oil because I'm using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap $11 at Trader Joe's.)

I use $0.99 foaming bottles that I got at the store on sale and just dumped out the antibacterial soap that came in it. It was cheaper than buying foaming bottles online.


2 Tbsp. Castile Soap
Distilled Water (not required)
1 tsp. olive oil or almond oil

Put soap and oil into empty foaming pump. Gingerly fill the rest of the bottle up with water. Careful to leave room for the foam pump mechanism (it takes up quite a bit of space). Give it a soft few turns to mix and that's all.

$11 is a lot for liquid soap but it's a 32 ounce bottle which is roughly 64 tablespoons.  Which works out (again roughly) $0.35 per refill. Even if I were getting my hand soap at the Dollar Tree, I'd still be saving money.


Takes me seconds to refill.  I know what's in my soap (despite it having coconut in it which my poor sister is allergic to I can't sing the praises of Dr. Bronner's enough! Click on soap name to find out more information.) , I'm reusing a plastic bottle, it's cheaper and one more thing I don't have to add to my grocery list when shopping. 

I can't take complete credit for this recipe.  I tweaked it to suit my needs.  The original is from Wellness Mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home