Monday, February 06, 2006

Strawberry-Ginger Tisane

No picture for this one yet. It is pretty though. Just tried this from my Cooking 1-2-3 book by Rozanne Gold. It's strawberry season here in Japan so, what better time to try?! I'd have to say it's got an interesting taste. I would have never thought to pair Ginger with Strawberries. The ginger adds quite a "bite" at the end. I've heard that it's healthy to drink Ginger tea when you have a tummy ache and it helps with digestion. In fact many Japanese meals include some pickled ginger on the side. I tried it hot originally but Mike and I agree that it would definitely taste better cold. Give it a try and let me know what you think! A lot of the cooking utensils can be supstituted into bowls or regular pots if like me, you don't have a collection of teapots in lying around in your kitchen.

1 pint very ripe strawberries
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
3-inch piece fresh ginger

Wash berries and remove stems. Put berries and sugar in bowl of a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Transfer strawberry puree to a large teapot. (I used just a regular pot.)

Put 4 cups cold water in a saucepan. Peel ginger, cut into think slicesand add to water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into teapot. Cover teapot and let sit for 10 minutes. Pour through a tea strainer.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home