Monday, August 21, 2006

Guacamole

So this is not completely my recipe for guacamole, but it doesn't change the fact that it's really freakin' good! Since most of us don't have a Molcajete on hand, just smoosh the avocados with a pototo masher in a bowl and mix in all the other good stuff. I added a little garlic powder. Let the concoction sit over night if you have time so the flavors can meld.

I like to add more cilantro. If you have leftover cilantro, check out my recipe for avocado salad or my coconut chicken to use the rest! I also use more lime juice. In fact, I cover the whole top of the guacomole with lime juice before putting it in the fridge overnight so the dip doesn't turn brown. I also add some pepper to add a little more spice.

3 ripe avocados
1 tomatoe, diced
1/2 small onion, minced
1 Tbsp. of cilantro
1 1/2 tbs. fresh lime juice.
1 clove of garlic (or 1 tsp. jarred pre-minced garlic)
Salt to taste, 1/2 tsp should do.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Antipasta said...

Hi Nicki,
I use a receipe (not my own), w/ very similar ingridients, except it also calls for green chile (for heat). It's a very good receipe. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home