Friday, February 24, 2006

Choco-Hoto-Pots


AKA my 28 day fix....For those of you who got that, I digress. These are fantastically decadent. For those of you who luv chocolate, this is for you. Super easy to whip up any old time. In fact just recently, the commissary has been re-stocked with white chocolate chips. Since my arrival here in Japan, I was waiting for that so I could make this.

If you don't have ramekins, try using small teacups or mugs that can withstand 400 degree oven heat. To melt the chocolate chips and butter together, I just throw them both in a Pyrex measuring cup and pop it in the microwave for several minutes while mixing the other ingredients together. If you can't find superfine sugar, try putting regular sugar in the food processor and process for several seconds. Viola you have superfine sugar. If for some reason, you are seriously jonesin' for these or don't have the time to pull our the Cusinart, you can use regular sugar. I've had it both ways. The superfine sugar does make it have a better texture but they both taste great.

Butter for Ramekins (or just use non-stick cooking spray)
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp. all purpose flour

Place a baking sheet in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees. Butter four 2/3 cup ramekins and set aside. Using a microwave or double boiler, melt together the semisweet chocolate and butter. Set aside and cool. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended. Fold in white chocolate chips. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiney and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey. About 20 minutes. Place each ramekin on a small plate with spoon and serve.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Holy Cow! I am so all over this. You should have posted this first!!! I cannot wait to try it. Mmmmm.... and it looks so easy too.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I knew that you would love this recipe. Let me know how it turns out. I'd say it takes me about 30 minutes to make (cooking time included) I stick them in the freezer to cool them off faster! :)

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

source:

http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/recipes/food_20030718_chocolate.jhtml

 

Post a Comment

<< Home