Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mom's Fruit Dip


There are two things that I am just heartbroken about when it comes to Mike. #1 He doesn't like anything with Lemon Flavor or Orange Flavor and #2 He doesn't like "creamy stuff" things like mayonaise, cream cheese, and whipped cream.

This is why I usually don't make this dip unless there's gonna be a party! Everyone in my family requests this fruit dip from my Mom whenever there is going to be a family gathering. My father (my parent's are divorced) after trying this dip at Josh's baptism knew it was my mom's concoction. He recalled my mother sitting in front of the TV snacking on stawberries and a jar of marshmellow cream in hand. I have since tried the latter and thouroughly enjoy it although not as much as this recipe.

  • 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 jar of marshmellow cream (fluffernutter)
  • Orange juice to taste (I use a little under the juice of one orange)

Cream together creamcheese and marshmellow cream with an electric mixer then mix in juice by the teaspoon (or by eye) to taste.

Serve with pineapple, strawberries and/ fruit of choice.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I had this when we were up at your wedding and fell in love. Now I know that there was OJ in it. Mine never tasted right.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't take the credit for this one---it was Aunt Kathy that taught me this recipe--I just loved it so much that I decided to make it my own--by the way, it is excellent with just about any fruit. I really like it with bananas! Love ya--Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home