Spicy Mango Avocado Salad
- 1 large ripe mango (Peeled and cut into half inch cubes)
- 1 avocado (Peeled and cut into half inch cubes)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of a good quality lemon or juice of 2 not so good lemons (about 3-4 Tablespoons of juice)
- 1 small white onion (finely minced)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (finely minced)
- 3 cups or more of baby spinach (optional)
In a medium bowl, mix all the above ingredients until blended well. Enjoy!
Some notes: For information on cutting a mango click here
Regarding avocados, I prefer Hass avocados. These have the darker skin. For a tutorial on how to cut an avocado click here Another quick note about avocados: Even though the tutorial that I linked (and just about every tutorial on avocados that I could find) advises one to hack the knife into the pit of the avocado to remove it, I don't advise this. It's dangerous and unnecessary if the avocado is ripe. I've always been able to use my fingers to pull out the pit. It usually dislodges easily from the meat of the fruit.